Helping You Through
Jon L. Martin
Attorney at Law
- Bankruptcy and Probate
Mr. Martin holds J.D. and M.B.A. degrees from the University of Cincinnati. He also holds a B.A., in multi-disciplinary studies in Economics, Political Science, and International Studies from Capital University in Columbus, Ohio, (Magna Cum Laude). He currently serves as Chairman of the Martin County Bar Association Bankruptcy Committee, Martin County Florida. Besides being admitted to the Florida Bar, Mr. Martin is also admitted to the Bankruptcy Bars for the Southern and Middle Districts of Florida in the 11 Circuit, Federal District Courts.
He is a member of The Consumer and Business Bankruptcy Committee of the American Bar Association (ABA); The Consumer and Business Bankruptcy Committees of the American Bankruptcy Institute (ABI); The National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys (NACBA); and the Florida Turnaround Management Association. (TMA).
Mr. Martin practices in the areas of both consumer and business bankruptcy in Chapter 7; Chapter 13, Chapter 11, and Chapter 12. He also advises in Bankruptcy Avoidance and other matters for various businesses and their owners while keeping an eye on the implications any action will have in regards to taxes and the IRS.
Besides Bankruptcy, Mr. Martin is also well versed in Real Estate, Construction and Development, and offers consultations on a Turnaround Basis to Real Estate and Construction Companies and their lenders. Here the goal is to minimize losses to lender and developer alike while avoiding Bankruptcy, if possible. He is also a nationally certified arbitrator for construction disputes. Mr. Martin urges Builders and investors to get an early start in their efforts to avoid Bankruptcy. The fastest way to failure in a real estate project is to wait until no resources remain with which to effectuate the redirection of a project or negotiate a mutually acceptable resolution to the problem.
Mr. Martin also does a limited amount of probate, estate planning and asset protection work for previous clients who are in the need of such services. This gives Mr. Martin a well rounded view with unique insights, not often found when looking for advice as to the best available course of action, either in or out of bankruptcy, of a client's financial situation.
Not only do we work to solve the problem at hand; we work to find the best solution for the client to be able to move on with their life in the best possible way.
Call us today. It's a no charge initial consultation. Let's get things back on track.
Through the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Florida – Jon teaches a Free Pro Se Bankruptcy Clinic
o It’s held on the 2nd Thursday of each month
o Free with RSVP
o Veterans are invited
See below for more information: https://www.flsb.uscourts.gov/node/231
- University of Cincinnati College of Law, Cincinnati, Ohio
- Honors: Chairman, SBA Budget Committee
- Honors: President, International Law Society
- Honors: Internship: U.S. Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals (Mediation Section)
- Honors: Internship: Ohio Supreme Court
- University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio
- Major: Real Estate
- Capital University, Columbus, Ohio
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Honors: Dean's List
- Major: Multi-Disciplinary Economics/Political Science/International Affairs
- Phi Alpha Delta
- American Bar Association, Member, Consumer and Business Bankruptcy Committees
- American Bankruptcy Institute, Consumer and Business Bankruptcy Committees
- The Turnaround Management Association, Florida Division
- American Bankruptcy Institute, Small Business Bankruptcy Committee
- Martin County Bar Bankruptcy Committee, Chairman
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys
- The Florida Bar, Tallahassee, FL
- American Bar Association
- American Association for Justice, Washington D.C.
- Better Business Bureau of America, Former Certified Arbitrator
- The Urban Land Institute, Washington, D.C., Former Member
- Ohio Commercial Realtors Exchange Association (OCREA) (1031 Tax Deferred Exchange Group), Past Secretary/Treasurer, President
- National Association of Realtors, Chicago, IL, Former Member (CCIM, Candidate)
- National Association of Home Builders, Washington, D.C., Former Member
- National Trust for Historic Preservation, Philadelphia, PA, Graduate
- The Brookings Institute, Washington, DC, Graduate
- Historic Preservation Board & Community Development Advisory Committee, City of Miamisburg, OH, Former Member
- American Bar Association Dispute Resolution Committee
- Judicial Liaison Committee US District
- The Bankruptcy Bar Association for the Southern District of Florida
- Martin County Bar Association Real Estate Committee
- Construction Dispute Resolution Services, Inc
- C.D.R.S. Certified Mediator/Certified Arbitrator
- C.D.R.S. Certified Dispute Review Board Member
Current Employment Positions
- Solo Practitioner
- Florida, 2002
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida, 2003
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida, 2008
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
- Recipient, Local, Regional and National Awards for Rehabilitation of Historic Property
- AV Preeminent® rating from Martindale-Hubbell®
- IRS Problems
- Business & Real Estate Consulting & Turn Around Management of Construction Firms